This article is about how you can back up Rackspace Mail. As we know, Rackspace Mail is not widely used by the users although it is important for the users who are using it. You will not find easy and effective remedies anywhere. So, basically Rackspace is a cloud computing webmail service provider. It is an affordable, business-class email hosting solution. If you want to download your Rackspace mailbox, you can use the Rackspace Email Backup Wizard to make your backup process easy and convenient. For this you have to understand each method in detail. So read this article till the end. You can download this tool using the given link. try for free:
Why is Rackspace Mailbox backup essential? – Top 4 benefits
Whether you work in the corporate world or elsewhere, you probably use email services and you also know the importance of using it. Because it is a fast and easy way to communicate with others. Hence it has become important to save your data from time to time. Let us understand the benefits of backing up regularly:
- Increase storage performance: When email data is stored on live/cloud servers. This can definitely reduce the performance of your mailbox. The only other option to delete emails all at once is not the right option. Since, important data can be lost easily so backup should be useful at that time.
- Restoration: This will depend on the method you are using to back up, so if you use an email archive to download. This will speed up your backup process.
- Security: Just because your emails are old, doesn’t mean they’re not of use or kept in a safe place. how will you restore it if you need it in the future? So, a backup would be a great option for that time.
- Productivity: When your live servers get filled with a lot of email data, it can easily be slowed down. Searching for a specific email will also be interrupted. Therefore, Backing up emails will play an important role in relieving email server burdens.
How to Backup Rackspace Emails to PC ?
There are various methods through which you can backup your Rackspace webmail emails to PC. We have suggested one of the top three methods to make your backup process easy and convenient.
- Add Rackspace email account in Mozilla thunderbird
- Setting Up Your Rackspace Email On Outlook
- A Professional Approach- Rackspace Email Backup Wizard
Method 1. Configure Mozilla Thunderbird with Rackspace Mailbox
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird application in your system.
- Tap “Tools” or click on this icon on your screen.
- Choose Account Settings.
- At the bottom of the left pane, tap “Account Actions” and select “Add Mail Account” from the Options.
- Enter your Rackspace account information and click Click “Configure Manually ” to proceed further.
Rackspace Email Address
- Edit the server names, ports and IMAP/POP to manually set up the account and enter the details following:
Incoming– IMAP>> server– secure.emailsrvr.com>> Port-993>> SSL-SSL/TLS, Authentication– Normal password
In the Username enter the full username for the account you’re adding.
Outgoing: IMAP>> server– secure.emailsrvr.com>> Port-465>> SSL-SSL/TLS, Authentication– Normal password
In the Username enter the full username for the account you’re adding.
- click “Done” to complete the process. Thunderbird will perform a connection test to verify the server information + username and password you have provided in the configuration are correct.
- Now, restart the Mozilla Thunderbird on your PC again.
- Tap the “menu” icon on the right side pane.
- select Add-ons from the drop-down menu.
- In the new interface, tap the Get Add-ons button.
- Search ImportExportTools NG in the search bar.
- click on ” Add to thunderbird” and install it.
- After installing it, in your Thunderbird, go back to the Add-ons manager and click the “Restart now” button to finish the process.
- Now, right click the inbox folder, select ImportExportTools>>Export all messages in the folder>> EML format.
- Select your location to save your files at your desired place.
Method 2. Setting Up Your Rackspace Email Account On Outlook
- Open Outlook Desktop email client application.
- Select File>> add account.
- Click on Manual setup or additional server types and click next as show below:
- Choose POP or IMAP settings and click “Next” to proceed further steps.
- Enter the details which are mentioned below:
Your Name and Email Address,
Account Type– IMAP
Incoming mail server– secure.emailsrvr.com.
Outgoing mail server(SMTP)– secure.emailsrvr.com.
- In Logon Information enter the email address and password that you use in Rackspace mail.
- Tap “More Settings”.
- Select Outgoing Server and check the My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- Select Advanced and enter the following details
In Incoming server (IMAP) enter 993 and choose SSL.
In Outgoing server (SMTP) enter 465 and Choose SSL.
- Click “OK” and proceed further and finish the process.
- Restart Outlook and Select File>> Open & Export >>Import/Export.
- Choose Export to a file, and then select Next.
- Choose Outlook Data File(.PST), and select Next.
- Select the mail folder you want to take backup and select Next.
- Select a location and name for your backup file, and then select Finish.
Drawbacks of the manual methods (the export using Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird)
- Requires Configuring Rackspace Account in Outlook and Thunderbird
- It involves a long process with many steps, so it takes time
- Difficult to use for non-technical users
- Limited number of file formats or we can say predefined file formats are given to the users.
Hence users are suggested to follow these methods at their own risk. As you can see the limitations of these methods. We have our own tools to overcome these limitations. You can follow this to back up your emails easily.
Method 3. A Professional Approach- Rackspace Email Backup Wizard
The methods mentioned above are time consuming, complicated and also lengthy. Thus, it is better to opt for a third party tool which will save time and effort as well. Moreover, Rackspace Email Backup Wizard is able to directly backup your mailbox without any hassle. It supports various file formats like MSG, PDF, DOC, HTML, MBOX, PST etc. It is a completely free and secure tool with 100% data accuracy backup facility. Download now to make the best use of it.
Let us now look at the steps in details:
- Download this utility using the above link to start the backup process.
- Install and run Rackspace Email Backup wizard on your system.
- Now, select Rackspace Mail in the “Email Source” option list.
- Now enter your Rackspace email ID and password to sign in to your account and press “Login” to sign in.
- Within seconds this wizard will scan your mailbox and it will appear on the left pane of this software. Select the folders you want to back up.
- Click “Choose Saving Options” to choose the desired file format.
- Select “Destination Path” to download the files to your chosen location.
- Press the “Backup” button to start the process.
- In a few minutes, your backup process will be complete. And you will be notified with a log text on your screen.
Why to Choose Rackspace Email Backup Wizard?
- Easy Graphical Interface: The interface of this wizard is very easy to use, it doesn’t not requires any technical skills to use this tool. This easy and simple interface of this tool is very easy and convenient that non-skilled users can also use it.
- Bulk account backup: Rackspace Email Backup Tool is capable of backing up multiple accounts at the same time. It saves your time and manual efforts to do the same process over and over. You can access this feature by using the “Use Batch Mode” option.
- Folder Selection Option: Users who wish to back up Rackspace emails of selective folders. So this software allows you to choose the folders as per your choice. As this tool scans all folders and subfolders like Inbox, Sent Items, Important, Trash etc. This option will not only save manual efforts but also your time.
- Email Filter Option: If you want to enhance your backup process then we have a solution for that also. Rackspace Backup tool provides “Advanced Settings for Selective Backup” option in which you can select date range, subject name, selective email address etc.
- Various File Formats: This Backup Wizard allows users to choose the desired file formats in which they wish to export their emails. You can download emails from Rackspace to PST, EML, MSG, EMLX, MBOX, DOC, HTML, etc.
- Transfer emails to Cloud server: Using this tool, you can transfer emails to another targeted email service provider. You can export Rackspace emails to GoDaddy workspace, Zoho Mail, etc. using the IMAP feature. Transferring to another email service is no longer a long way off.
- Desired location: You are given the freedom to choose your location to save your files as per your choice. Hence, any confusion regarding the exported files in which place can be easily resolved.
Wrapping it Up
We have analyzed the manual method to back up Rackspace Mailbox on a PC. It is quite clear that the method is complicated to follow and involves several steps that need to be performed very carefully otherwise you will never be able to back up Rackspace email on PC. Therefore, you also have an alternative option such as Rackspace Email Backup Wizard. We highly recommend this software for all your backup related queries. Try it once by downloading the given link, it’s totally free as you don’t need to pay for it.
Can I download it for free?
Ans. yes it is completely free to download
2. How many email file formats are available in this tool?
Ans. You can export emails in 15+ file formats like PST, MSG, EML, MBOX, EMLX, PDF, RTF, HTML, DOC, etc.
3. Do I have any option to choose only selected folders to backup?
Ans. Yes, the software offers you to select selected mailbox folders (e.g. Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts as per your choice).